Meet the new chess coach at Curro Kurgersdorp22 February 2021
We are excited to introduce our High School chess coach SJ Breytenbach. Starting this month. Mr. Breytenbach will coach our Grade 8 to 12 chess players. We look forward to growing the sporting code with his wealth of experience and successful coaching track record. Learners who are interested in taking up chess as a sport at the high school can contact Ms. Du Toit: email@example.com
More about Mr. Breytenbach
- Curro Krugersdorp Primary school has benefited immensely from his coaching over the past six years
- He has been a professional chess coach for 15 years
- His coaching starts at beginner level and continues up until South African Championship level
- Currently Mr. Breytenbach coaches at eight schools and manages six chess academies
- His academies have produced several provincial players that went on to win various leagues and tournaments.
Mr. Breytenbach explains why learners should consider taking up the sport:
“Chess is an amazing sport for people of all ages. Academically players benefit from taking part in the sport and many learners have improved their mathematics and science marks after taking up the sport. Chess also assist in developing vital skills such as visualizing ability, consecration, memory, decision making and problem solving.
The skills acquired also assist athletes to excel in the tactical and strategic part of any school sport.“