High school sports
High school: Grades 8 to 12
Participation in sport and the role of physical development are based on the ethos of our schools. Meridian Pinehurst offers the following sporting codes and encourages learners from all age groups to participate.
Mini-cricket is outsourced to private coaches. Educators serve as coaches for under 10 to under 19 teams.
Chess is offered throughout the year for all age groups ranging from Grade 1 to Grade 12.
- The coaching is undertaken by private coach Roland Wallenberg.
- Fridays are set aside for any tournaments.
Our school caters for all age groups, from mini-netball to under 19.
We are really proud of how much our netball has grown.
The primary and high school netball teams also participate in the yearly Curro regionals tournament, where we compete against other Curro schools.
Soccer is a very popular sport, not only for boys, but also for girls who want to participate.
Hockey is offered for boys and girls. It is a winter sport and will be played in the 2nd and 3rd terms.
We also have mini-hockey where learners can develop necessary skills to become our future hockey stars.
Meridian Pinehurst have some of the most talented athletes the Western Cape can offer.
- At the beginning of each year, we have the Inter-house (Blue vs White) athletics meetings where all learners have the opportunity to show their speed and strength on the track and field.
- The high school also participates in the Curro Inter-schools meeting
- Cross-country is an individual sport offered at Meridian Pinehurst.
We have very talented athletes who compete against all other schools in the region. The cross-country programme is still growing, however, we are looking forward to give our athletes the best opportunities available.