Since opening its doors in 2007, Curro Langebaan has played an important role in life on the West Coast and has blossomed into the school of choice on the West Coast.
Apart from the classrooms, in which we accommodate an average of 25 learners, we have a well-developed infrastructure that includes:
- IT labs, a Robotics lab and other subject-specialist rooms.
- The multi-functional centre and aquatics centre, which support our extramural activities.
- Our modern hostel that strives to be a home away from home for our boarders.
- Bus routes that run from Darling/Yzerfontein to Velddrif.
- Our Curro Castle, which accommodates toddlers from 3 months old to Grade R and uses the well-researched Curro Castle curriculum.
Curro Langebaan’s curriculum is what stands out among all other schools on the West Coast. Supported by Curro Holdings’ CMD (curriculum management and development), we not only provide the highly accredited IEB curriculum from Grade 10 to 12, but also an enriched version of the government’s CAPS curriculum from Grade R to Grade 9. The school received its unconditional accreditation from Umalusi in 2015. Using tablets as a teaching aid, the school also runs an efficient Wi-Fi system throughout the campus.
Curro Langebaan’s sports codes provide healthy competition with all the surrounding schools and it is justly proud of the provincial colours earned by its learners in a large number of these codes. The Curro Langebaan Swimming Club competes in the WPA league.
To develop well-balanced young adults, Curro Langebaan is serious about cultural activities. The school achieves outstanding results in the West Boland eisteddfod in all categories.
We believe in a neat, child-friendly school environment that will support good discipline. We also focus on building an acceptable school ethos and sustainable traditions.
Join us at Curro Langebaan ... where the Langies Legacy lives.
View our fact sheet for school times, activities and more information on our offering.
Visit our Curro Castle Langebaan page for more information about our nursery school.