Situated in the Cape Town Foreshore, Curro Foreshore is only 500 m from the Cape Town railway station, taxi rank and MyCiTi bus station. We are the convenient and affordable independent school for the 21st-century learner. The school is an English-medium high school and learners write the NSC examination. We will only have Grade 8 in 2019, but higher grades will be phased in.
Our vision is to prepare learners for the 21st century by:
- providing progressive, technologically advanced and innovative education focused on 21st-century skills;
- implementing a project-based, hands-on and collaborative learning programme;
- creating a values-based school community;
- making use of of a modern and technology-rich learning space, and
- aspiring towards excellence in everything we do and not giving up until this is achieved.
Curro Foreshore has developed a unique DigiEd learning model that uses e-learning. We use leading international e-learning tools. This is enhanced by the project-based deep learning programme with an emphasis on Science, Mathematics and Technology.
Learners will have:
- their own devices;
- a flexible timetable;
- access to tutoring for small groups;
- a coding and Robotics programme;
- a longer school day;
- a Saturday and holiday programme, and
- an opportunity to learn advanced computer skills.
Why choose Curro Foreshore?
Curro Foreshore is for the learner who wants a modern Mathematics- and Science-based education and has dreams of tertiary education. Our learners are given guided responsibility and flexibility to learn at their own pace and have access to campus and online tutoring. Our school day is longer, which allows for more time to learn.
- Co-educational (girls and boys)
- English medium
- High school – Grade 8 to Grade 12
- Only Grade 8 in 2019
- School times (Mondays to Fridays): 08:00 – 17:30
- Pick-up time: 16:00 – 17:30
- NSC examinations (CAPS curriculum)
- First day of school: Monday, 14 January 2019