Applications for a scholarship for the 2019 academic year has closed. Successful applicants will be notified during Term 4.
The Ruta Sechaba Foundation was established in 2016 to provide scholarships, bursaries and awards to qualifying learners at Curro or Curro-managed schools. The purpose of the Ruta Sechaba Foundation is to provide, inter alia, monitored financial support for educational purposes to Black South Africans (as defined in the BEE Act and Codes of Good Practice). Capitec Bank has more than 9.2 million clients and close to 14 000 employees. The bank is a donor to the Ruta Sechaba Foundation. Applications for a full (100%) tuition scholarship opens on 25 June 2018 and closes 30 September 2018.
Only learners who meet the following criteria will be considered:
1. Black learners only (Black means African, Coloured and Indian as defined by the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, 'BBBEE Act');
2. Black learners (as defined by the BBBEE Act) who are South African citizens only;
3. New learners from Grades 8 to 11;
4. Existing learners from Grades 8 to 12;
5. Learners achieving academic excellence measured as: