Cultural achievements and awards
A total of 42 culture projects where presented at Windhoek Gymnasium in 2017.
Highlights are as follows:
We presented our biennial musical revue – Technicolor Painted Doors. In all, 640 learners from the primary and secondary school participated. This production celebrated 10 years of excellence since our humble beginnings in 2007. Technicolor Painted Doors dazzled with more than 1300 costumes, 27 songs and 29 scene changes. Learners participated in comic skits, drama, rhythmic gymnastics, black light theatre, puppetry, singing, cheerleading, synchronized dancing, hip-hop and contemporary dancing.
Debating, speaking and writing
Thirteen learners participated in the finals of the ATKV public speaking competition.
Thirteen learners received half or full honorary colours for public speaking and/or writing.
- Gabby Coffee, Senior Nasionale ATKV Redenaars, voorbereid – 2de plek
- Henryke Garbers, Senior Nasionale ATKV Redenaars, voorbereid ̶ 3de plek
- Johané Berry , Senior Nasionale ATKV Redenaars, onvoorbereid ̶ 1ste plek
- Celine Putter, Senior Nasionale ATKV Redenaars, onvoorbereid – 2de plek
- Sharzaan Putter, Senior Nasionale ATKV Redenaars, onvoorbereid – 3de plek
- Millicent Hummel, Nasionale ATKV Olimpiade huistaal, wenner.
- Tjaard van der Walt, Nasionale ATKV Griffel-skryfkompetisie, 2de plek
- Lorene Brand, Nasionale ATKV Griffel-skryfkompetisie, 3de plek
Two drama pieces were presented at the finals of the national ATKV Tienertoneel Competition. The following outstanding awards where achieved:
- Our productions were awarded 1st and 3rd place, respectively.
- A total of 16 certificates were awarded to all our learners at the final competition.
- 4 learners received gold certificates for the competition.
Eight learners received half and/or full honorary colours for their participation in the national MUN debating competition.
Twelve science projects where presented at the regional science fair. All projects received medals, including 11 gold, 1 silver and 4 category winners (gold) were also awarded.
Twelve science projects were presented at the regional science fair. All projects received, medals, including 5 gold and 8 silver/bronze. Five projects were category winners (gold).
Music, dancing and singing
Altogether 36 learners completed various elementary and intermediate examinations at international accredited institutions.
Altogether 21 learners completed various elementary and intermediate examinations at international accredited institutions.
Primary school recipient – Francois van Wyk (Gr 6)
Secondary school recipient – Tangeni Thomas (Gr 12)