Intermediate phase sports
- Soccer (boys and girls)
- Mountain biking
- Target shooting
Intermediate phase: Grades 4 to 7
The goal of sport at Curro Nelspruit is to be competitive in the Curro Group, other independent schools as well as local schools.
At Curro Nelspruit it is our goal to give a holistic educational experience that involves academics, sport, culture and spiritual awareness to all learners. This enhances a balanced lifestyle that recognises sport as an important part of the South African culture. Sport has an essential place on our yearly calendar.
Curro Nelspruit recognises that compulsory sport fulfils many positive roles in the lives of learners and that potentially it can encourage learners to:
- Enjoy sport
- Learn and develop skills
- Gain a sense of personal achievement, identity and satisfaction
- Learn to control emotions through involvement in competition
- Experience excitement and personal challenges
- Have opportunities to develop socially
- Be involved in leisure activities for both immediate and long-term use
- Develop physical fitness, health and a feeling of well-being
- Accept leadership opportunities and deal with responsibility
All Grade 4 to 7 learners are required to take part in at least one sports activity each term.