The early learning goals for the pre-primary child
Curro Castle Secunda aims to inspire young minds to become extraordinary through the unique Curro nursery school curriculum. We focus on the holistic development of our children, with the main focus being placed on building independence, confidence and self-esteem.
Our preschool curriculum is designed with Early Learning Goals in mind:
- Physical well-being: health and safety, gross motor development, fine motor development
- Identity and belonging: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and social management
- Communication: listen and understand, speak and communicate, make meaning and represent
- Mathematics: quantity and number, measurement, patterns, shape and space, data collection, time and ordination
- Creativity: daily life and play, visual arts, performing arts,
- Learning about the world: exploration and inquiry, knowledge and understanding, executive function
We focus on:
- The Unique Child: Curro Castle Secunda recognises that every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive Relationships: The children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and or a key person (educator).
- Learning and Development: Our children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of learning and development are equally important and are inter-connected.
- Enabling Environments: Our environment plays a key role in supporting and extending a child’s development and learning.
At Curro Castle Secunda we strive to optimise learning by young brains and to capitalise on the potential for learning that children have from a young age. We therefore pay special attention to the theories of teaching and the science behind how we develop to ensure that our children receive the best education possible.
Children extend their boundaries of understanding by working to find solutions in an environment where dialogue between educators and children keeps them motivated, stimulating their creativity while developing their cognitive abilities. The curriculum includes LEGO Education learning concepts, and the activities built around soft bricks form the important early foundations for later robotics studies.
Home away from home
Special attention is given to school readiness and brain development according to the latest scientifically proven methods. Children leave Curro Castle Secunda not only with very special memories, but also ready for the demands of the big school and the outside world.
Curro Castle Secunda believes in the magic of childhood, the joy of being young and the unbridled innocence of youth and the magic is kept alive with fantasy surroundings, a variety of extramural activities and fun-filled holiday programmes.
Playgrounds are carefully designed and equipped with play structures that provide an educational touch to playground games.
The safety of our children is of the utmost importance and therefore our Castle guard controls who enters and exits the Castle. We also have a full-time receptionist and security cameras.
Hygiene and maintenance are regarded as top priorities and are executed by a dedicated team of Castle workers.
At Curro Castle Secunda the emphasis is on the uniqueness of each child. According to the Curro schools philosophy, every child is regarded as a competent learner from birth. Curro Castle Secunda knows that children develop and learn in different ways and at different paces. All areas of development and learning are equally important and inter-connected.
Children receive an adjustment report in term 1, progress report term 2, only a parents evening term 3 and a progress report term 4.