Northern Academy is an independent school of choice in Limpopo, having opened its doors in 1994 with only two Grade 1 classes and 88 learners.
Today it provides quality, independent school education to over 4 600 learners by nurturing individuality in a disciplined environment with all the necessary facilities, recreational areas, educational materials and qualified, well trained educators. Northern Academy is managed by Curro Holdings Ltd. Curro’s aim is to provide quality independent education at an affordable fee so as to produce well- rounded learners who are not only able to face an increasingly challenging global future but are also able to contribute meaningfully to society.
- To provide academic instruction to prepare a learner for a worthy and meaningful position in the community.
- Each learner must be known and instructed individually as to develop to his/her full potential.
- To provide all our staff with the necessary knowledge (in-house training, workshops, etc.)
To provide for the learner's intellectual, physiological, physical and emotional needs. To cultivate in the learners an interest in educational instruction. To provide team and social activities to the benefit of the learners. To grant prizes and awards to the Academy of Meritorious Students. To motivate all staff to be dedicated, competent and to behave in a professional manner at all times.
- Co-educational (girls and boys)
- Foundation phase: Grade R to Grade 3
- Intermediate phase: Grade 4 to Grade 7
- Senior phase: Grade 8 and Grade 9
- FET phase: Grade 10 to Grade 12
- Class size: Controlled class size
- Hostel facilities available from Grades R to 12
- NSC examinations (Grade 12)
|Grade:||Download Fact Sheet:|
|Primary School||Download here|
|Secondary School||Download here|
Schools and Education Investment Impact Fund South Africa
The Schools and Education Investment Impact Fund South Africa (Schools Fund) is South Africa’s very first education impact fund; its primary focus is to improve national levels of education by creating access to affordable independent schools while also aiming to deliver commercially acceptable returns to investors.
The Fund, managed by Old Mutual Alternative Investments’ Impact Funds team, finances the building of new schools and upgrades to existing buildings, as well as providing the finance for education-related requirements. The Fund partners with expert education operators to deliver the desired education outcomes.