St Dominics Newcastle
At St Dominics Newcastle - Nursery School, we strive to make every day a learning day, filled with new and wonderful experiences to help young children find what interests and inspires them. It is the ideal nursery school for your young child to feel connected, safe, stimulated and celebrated.
Choosing the right school is important for two reasons:
- It lays the foundation for your child’s future social and academic life
- It may also be the first time your child is stepping out from a protected and secure environment to be on their own
St Dominics Newcastle - Nursery School is a place where play is valued, voices are singing, children are engaged in creative movement and music making, artistic expression is celebrated and the academic programme is stimulating and fun.
Our mission is to guide your children with compassion through appropriate and meaningful quality education in partnership with you, their parents or guardians. The strength of our faith and our commitment to excellence and diversity take us beyond the classroom.
We have created a space where children can be cherished with love and prepared for the world outside by qualified educators.
Home away from home
Special attention is given to school readiness and brain development according to the latest scientifically proven methods. Children leave St Dominics Newcastle - Nursery School not only with very special memories, but also ready for the demands of the big school and the outside world.
We believe in the magic of childhood, the joy of being young and the unbridled innocence of youth.
Playgrounds are carefully designed and equipped with play structures that provide an educational touch to playground games.
Hygiene and maintenance are regarded as top priorities and are executed by a dedicated team of pre-primary workers.
We invite you and your child to come and experience our school today.
The early learning goals for the pre-primary child
St Dominics Newcastle - Nursery School aims to inspire young minds to become extraordinary through the unique Curro nursery school curriculum. Our preschool curriculum is designed with Early Learning Goals in mind:
- Physical well-being: health and safety, gross motor development, fine motor development
- Identity and belonging: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and social management
- Communication: listen and understand, speak and communicate, make meaning and represent
- Mathematics: quantity and number, measurement, patterns, shape and space, data collection, time and ordination
- Creativity: daily life and play, visual arts, performing arts
- Learning about the world: exploration and inquiry, knowledge and understanding, executive function
We focus on:
- The Unique Child: We recognise that every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive Relationships: The children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and or a key person (educator).
- Learning and Development: Our children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of learning and development are equally important and are inter-connected.
- Enabling Environments: Our environment plays a key role in supporting and extending a child’s development and learning.
At St Dominics Newcastle - Nursery School, we strive to optimise learning by young brains and to capitalise on the potential for learning that children have from a young age. We therefore pay special attention to the theories of teaching and the science behind how we develop to ensure that our children receive the best education possible.
Children extend their boundaries of understanding by working to find solutions in an environment where dialogue between educators and children keeps them motivated, stimulating their creativity while developing their cognitive abilities. The curriculum includes LEGO Education learning concepts, and the activities built around soft bricks form the important early foundations for later robotics studies.
At St Dominics Newcastle - Nursery School the emphasis is on the uniqueness of each child. According to the school's philosophy, every child is regarded as a competent learner from birth. We know that children develop and learn in different ways and at different paces. All areas of development and learning are equally important and inter-connected.
Parent consultations take place in the 1st and 3rd terms, whilst written reports are provided at the end of the 2nd and 4th terms. This ensures that parents are kept up to date with their child’s progress.