Primary school facilities
- Every classroom is equipped with an interactive whiteboard and a computer.
- Each classroom is air conditioned to ensure the learners can work in optimum comfort.
- Our Media Village is a hub of activity and houses the Media centre, Audio Visual room, Zulu room, Outdoor Adventure office, Aftercare and one of our Remedial specialists rooms.
- Science lab.
- Creative arts centre with Marimba and 3 x music rooms. ( Violin, guitar, keyboard, percussion, flute etc )
- A Robotics room and a state of the art computer/IT room.
- A dance studio run by Bonnie De Beer.
- Media centre
- Uniform shop and Thrift shop on campus
This is an interactive, safe, happy place to be for learners of all ages. Not only do all learners enjoy a weekly media lesson where they can change their readers, but they often enjoy a story or watch a theme-appropriate DVD as well. Literacy Week is celebrated twice a year. During this week we have Books2You visit us and display their thousands of beautiful books for sale, we 'DEAR' every day (Drop Everything And Read), enjoy hot chocolate and marshmallows in the library at break and may even dress up as our favourite book character.
'Readers are Leaders' is a prominent slogan in the library and reading is fiercely promoted throughout the school. We have a 'request a book' list and the children often request a book by their favourite author.
Our librarian, ( Mrs Sharon De Beer ), endeavours to read all the new books that are acquired. This means that she can actively and convincingly promote them, display them and enthuse our learners to read them.
The library environment is constantly changed and new areas of interest are created. These changes keep our learners interested and enthusiastic about books and spending time in a reading area. We have well-stocked shelves with over 14 000 books.
Our display units are always full of theme books and we are continually adding new books to our 'New Book' shelf.
Curro HCA provides the opportunity for learners to develop a life-long passion for sport through the following:
- KDA physical education programme
- Local and national sports tours, festivals and training camps
- 25m heated pool
- 2 tennis courts
- 4 x grass fields for rugby, soccer, cross country, athletics, cricket and any other grass sports.
- Netball and hockey played on multipurpose courts
Top-quality professional sports coaches, including the following:
- Aquazone swim club (Angela Marlton)
- Carl Storm Swimming
- Simply Cricket (Shaun Warner)
- Curro Tennis
Most major seasonal sports are offered at Curro HCA, where physical exercise is a cornerstone of healthy development. These include tennis, swimming, water polo, cricket, soccer (boys and girls), cross-country, hockey, indoor hockey, rugby, touch rugby (for girls as well) and athletics.
Learners are given every opportunity to reach provincial and national levels. Spirited sportsmanship at a competitive and social level is encouraged.
Curro HCA also has a 'club' Friday afternoon, with Concept Cyclery running a mountain biking club, Pinetown Gymnastics, Garvz, and various other clubs who may offer their activity in season.
The Primary School Campus tuck shop is run by Mrs Nicky Doo and is open at first break (10:00 – 10:30) and then from 12:00 – 14:00. Parents may buy tea and coffee while they are waiting for their children.
The tuck shop will also be open during matches on Saturdays.
The Deck Coffee Shop
Our upmarket and stylish coffee shop, with beautiful views over the fields and the swimming pool – a relaxing and peaceful haven where folks can come at any time of the day to relax and develop friendships over a 'cuppa', or to enjoy watching the afternoon sport together.