Whether you are a past alumnus or the parent of a prospective applicant, once you view these pages, you will come to know and recognise the essence of who we are.
Our vision is to produce young people who are able to meet the challenges of tomorrow. At Woodhill College we set out to achieve this by:
- Aspiring towards excellence in the academic, sports and cultural fields
- Creating a safe, caring and enriching environment in which each learner can find a place in the sun
- Providing progressive, technologically advanced and innovative education
- Contributing towards the development of character by encouraging personal integrity, loyalty, good manners, independent thinking and high moral values
- Fostering respect for all fellow citizens and an appreciation of cultural diversity
With a strong focus on a family ethos as well as a holistic approach to education, Woodhill College provides a balance between the academic, sports and cultural fields. We have a reputation for high academic standards and community involvement, and compete very successfully in sport and cultural events. You will find, as many others have before you, there is something for everyone at Woodhill College.
Woodhill College is owned and managed by Curro Holdings Ltd.
Woodhill College is a four-term, co-educational, independent, non-denominational Christian school for learners from Group 3 to Grade 12.
The college was founded in 2000 and opened its doors on 9 February 2001. The grounds are situated on 14 hectares adjacent to the Woodhill Residential Estate and Country Club on the eastern edge of Pretoria. The college is in close proximity to Elardus Park, Erasmuskloof, Faerie Glen, Garsfontein, Lynnwood Glen, Mooikloof, Moreleta Park, Olympus, Silver Lakes and The Wilds. Two entrances have been established: one directly from the Woodhill Estate, allowing the residents of Woodhill Estate access to the school property without ever leaving the security zone of the estate. Learners can walk or travel to school by bicycle. A second entrance gives access from De Villebois Mareuil Road, allowing access to learners from neighbouring suburbs.
The peaceful setting and spacious, secure grounds provide an ideal environment for our three schools:
- Preschool (Group 3 to Grade R)
- Primary school (Grade 1 to Grade 6)
- High school (Grade 7 to Grade 12)
Why Woodhill College?
In an ideal world, every single educational institution would be the perfect setting for a learner. However, the reality is that many educational institutions lack the funds or the ability to provide the perfect environment, hence the development of independent educational institutions. Learners are afforded the best possible opportunities at independent educational institutions in the form of:
- Smaller class sizes
- Good quality facilities
- Good sports facilities
- Top class educators
Woodhill College is a partnership between the school and its staff, the parent body and its learners. We are a co-educational school and accept learners from the age of two, when they enter the preschool. In Grade 1, the learners progress to the primary school and finally to the high school in Grade 7. In so doing, each learner is nurtured through each phase by providing them with a holistic, top-quality education where they are encouraged to be the individuals that they are and to endeavour to achieve to the best of their ability.
Woodhill College prides itself on providing more than just education.
Holistic approach to education; Four pillars of education
The academic staff are fully qualified and more than competent to teach the learners, as are the sports staff, who are qualified and enthusiastic. Besides the excellent education the learners receive, they are also afforded the opportunity to participate in the cultural life of Woodhill College, from drama to art to music. This enables learners to become well-rounded individuals who are not spoon-fed, but empowered to deal with what life in the outside world has to offer.
We truly consider Woodhill College to be a family unit, where each member is treated with dignity and respect. We do believe in good moral values, which is an extension of what learners are taught at home. We follow the national curriculum and learners write the Independent Examinations Board (IEB) examination at the end of Grade 12. These examinations are benchmarked against Scottish Highers, again affording the learners an opportunity to further their education overseas if they want to do so.
Woodhill College educates for LIFE!
Visit our beautiful campus and learn more about Woodhill College ... a college that challenges its learners for life.
So, in conclusion, we believe that the question should not be ‘Why Woodhill College?’ but rather ‘Why not?’
- Co-educational (girls and boys)
- Medium of instruction: English
- Preschool phase: 2 years to 6 years (Group 3 to Grade R)
- Foundation phase: Grade 1 to Grade 3
- Intermediate phase: Grade 4 to Grade 6
- High School phase: Grade 7 to Grade 12
- Class size: Preschool phase: maximum 21 learners per class
- Class size: Primary and High School phase: maximum 26 learners per class
- School times vary depending on the Grade. See school times for more information.
- Aftercare available from 13:00 – 17:30
- IEB examinations (Grade 12)