Welcome to Waterstone College!
Welcome to the Waterstone family
Waterstone College has a vision that is unique. We are an organisation that believes in the future of education, offers a professional service and produces a product that is internationally marketable.
The vision of Waterstone College is that every learner should become a well-rounded individual with excellent values, who excels in various areas of life, and can make a positive contribution to society.
We are driven by the immense satisfaction of striving for and attaining high standards of excellence and believe that attention to detail, meticulous planning and a future-orientated approach will make Waterstone College the school of your choice.
As the Executive Head I believe that it is important to add value and be an integral part of my school. I believe in having an open-door policy, which means that learners, parents and staff are welcome to come and discuss any issues with me.
At Waterstone College we will not negotiate our standards or our level of discipline and will have a zero-tolerance approach to drugs, truancy and vandalism. Learners will be rewarded for participation and achievement.
They will be allowed to develop and will be encouraged to be involved, while our staff will enjoy the support from management and be treated as professionals, which will allow them to grow in their careers.
The future is upon us and one day we will look back and proudly say: we were the pioneers of greatness.
‘The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power’ (Mary Pickford)
Waterstone College aspires to the FIRE philosophy of ...
Faith: In Jesus Christ, and that He has a plan and a purpose for every one of us.
Integrity: To act in the right way simply because it is right; not out of desire for a reward.
Respect: For all the people we encounter, for my own and others’ belongings, for the school.
Excellence: In every sphere to achieve to the best of our ability.
Waterstone College offers:
- A holistic education to infants from 3 months old to learners in Grade 12.
- Healthy development of inter-personal relationships in a caring co-educational, English-medium school.
- A supportive, disciplined environment conducive to the development of academic, leadership, sports, cultural and personal growth.
- Non-denominational Christian values.
- A safe environment with 24-hour surveillance security.
- Dedicated, qualified educators.
- Smaller class sizes.
- A competitive sports programme in a variety of sports codes.
- A prolific cultural programme boasting top accolades in music, public speaking, dance, drama and art.
- All learners are encouraged to actively participate in extramural activities.
The college motto
The motto is in Latin, ‘Carpe Diem’, which means ‘seize the day’.
School is all about opportunities that can be taken or spurned, and decisions that will have long-lasting consequences.
Carpe Diem is the phrase that encourages every learner to grab those opportunities, to make the right decisions, and to be able to look back on their years at school without regret because:
- We only live once
- Life is a series of opportunities and challenges that can be accepted or ignored
- God provides us each morning with what we need to get through the day
- Within a few short years we will be nothing but a memory