Intermediate phase: Grade 4 to Grade 7
In the intermediate phase, the emphasis is still on establishing basic foundations but learners are led into more abstract thought and independent work. Application of skills and concepts is also a focus area in this phase. This phase aims to prepare learners for the senior phase in the high school.
We embrace 21st century learning by incorporating the use of tablets, as an additional learning tool, into our classrooms. By using this innovative technology at our school, we are speaking the language our learners understand.
2018 sees Curro Waterfall’s intermediate phase launch the Microsoft 2-in-1 device partner programme to add to an already dynamic educational offering
- English home language
- Afrikaans first additional language
- Life orientation
- Natural Sciences (Biology and Physical Sciences)
- Social Sciences (Geography and History)
- Economic and Management Sciences (EMS, Grade 7)
- Arts and Culture
- Information Technology
- Life Skills (personal growth, physical education, robotics and entrepreneurship)
We offer a variety of value-added programmes to support the development of our learners. These include:
- Extra academic lessons
- Grade-specific character building tours