Foundation phase culture
Cultural activities offered:
- Music (music appreciation)
- Choir (Grade 1 to Grade 3)
- Public speaking ‘(Grade 1 to Grade 3)
- Scouts (Grade 1 to Grade 3)
- Various eisteddfods
Foundation phase: Grades R to 3
Culture is one of the foundational pillars of developing a well-balanced learner. At Curro Roodeplaat, learners are offered the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of cultural activities, from choir to drama. In this way, learners can develop a love for art, regardless of their abilities in sport or academics.
Curro Roodeplaat primary school takes part in two eisteddfods a year where our talented learners get a chance to show off their skills. We encourage learners to take part from Grade 1.
- Pretoria Eisteddfod: Promotes a formal opportunity for learners to participate in a competitive arena in a variety of items. The Pretoria Eisteddfod runs from the beginning of the year until the end of the second term.
- Kungwini Eisteddfod: The organisers of the Kungwini Eisteddfod aim to promote the performing and visual arts by organising arts festivals and/or eisteddfods and to offer young artists the opportunity of performing in public. The eisteddfod runs from August to October.
Curro Roodeplaat proudly hosts our own internal public speaking and redenaars competition. Learners use this opportunity to prepare for the various eisteddfods and to increase their self-confidence in public speaking.
Other activities offered by private tutors/coaches held on Curro Roodeplaat premises:
- Recorder (from Grade 1)
- Keyboard (from Grade 1)
- Drama (From Grade 1)