Welcome to Curro Krugersdorp from our Executive Head, Annemarie Lombard
‘Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.’ – Nelson Mandela
As many of us know, in a modern day society, education is the one thing that cannot be taken away from our children. At Curro Krugersdorp, we believe that appropriate education prepares your child for the life they are destined to live.
Our 21st century approach enables our learners to be the best people that they can be. Our enriched curriculum and approved international standard ensure that your children will be able to spread their wings and fly. We do not only teach them subjects, but basic life skills too – to enable them to make the best decisions for their future.
We strive to mould young minds, because the children of today are the leaders of tomorrow.
Annemarie Lombard, Executive Head
BA HDE MEd Rem Dip
Curro Krugersdorp is an independent school in Rangeview Krugersdorp offering affordable parallel- medium education to learners from Group 3 to Grade 11. Each year a new grade will be phased in. Our Group 3 to Group 5 learners are accommodated at our well-resourced nursery school, Curro Castle Krugersdorp.
At Curro Krugersdorp we do not only strive towards academic excellence but we employ a holistic approach to develop each learner to become an educated, confident, self-advocate throughout life.
This we endeavour by offering valued-based education, by creating opportunities for our learners whether it is academic, cultural or on the sports field and by ensuring that state-of-the-art assistive technology supports the learning process. The Curro educational model is characterised by positive discipline, a Christian ethos and values, creative thinking and child-friendliness.
Curro Krugersdorp is a welcoming school where learners find that they are valued for whom they are. In this child-friendly environment educators are going the extra mile, interacting with learners in a profound sincere empathetic way, motivating them and encouraging them to always try and become the best they possibly can. Learners and parents at Curro Krugersdorp are united in their pursuit of a common goal and that is to provide the learners with a foundation for a lifetime of personal achievement and services to others.
Visit our Curro Castle Krugersdorp page for more information about our nursery school.
- We embrace a Christian ethos in the school.
- Dream. Explore. Achieve.
- To be a quality school where all learners can achieve their best.
- To offer opportunities for spiritual growth based on a Christian ethos
- To offer progressive education
- To embrace the use of technology in education
- To offer a variety of sporting as well as cultural activities
- To offer state-of-the-art facilities
- To truly know and meet the needs of the learners that we engage with
- To effectively manage talent and skills
- To source educators of a high standard
- To become the preferred choice of employer
- To foster excellent family-school partnerships
- To foster partnerships with our community
- To sustain development and growth in the school
- To provide excellent corporate governance
OUR ACADEMIC VISION
Curro aspires to prepare learners to thrive in a rapidly changing world, creatively using relevant 21st century skills with conviction.
Our mission is that every Curro learner will strive to complete their Curro journey:
- Equipped with the appropriate skills to realise their full potential
- Fully prepared to embrace life's challenges
- Being provided a quality education that will nurture in the learner the values of knowledge and excellence which will ensure that they ultimately become worthy professionals in the work environment
- With a belief of self-respect, discipline, courage, honour and knowledge as a basis for excellence in education
- Having acquired necessary 21st century skills for lifelong learning
- Being digitally responsible, using information ethically and treating others equally, with respect and dignity
- With the confidence to be curious, work collaboratively, think creatively and communicate effectively to flourish in times of change and embrace innovation
Curro’s values originate from its founding date. As a group of concerned, dedicated and experienced educators, four key components were identified that had to inform the value system.
- Positive discipline
- Christian ethos and values
- Creative thinking
Curro sees the written curriculum as the fundamental ingredient of its product and if the taught curriculum can be received by learners according to the intentions of the written curriculum, successful learning can take place.
For too long, many schools have neglected the importance of dynamic curriculum development and in many cases placed too much focus on the achievement of sports results.
Through these values, Curro creates a balanced educational arena in which many extramural activities such as sport and culture can be enjoyed by learners whilst not losing sight of the core essence of a typical school, namely successful learning.
- Co-educational (girls and boys)
- Parallel-medium (English and Afrikaans in separate classes) from Grade R to Grade 10.
- Foundation phase: Grade R to Grade 3
- Intermediate phase: Grade 4 to Grade 7
- High School phase: Grade 8 to Grade 10 (new grades to be phased in annually)
- Controlled class sizes
- School times (Mondays to Fridays):
Grade R: 07:30 to 13:00
Grades 1 to 3: 07:30 to 13:30
Grades 4 to 7: 07:30 to 14:00
Grades 8 to 10: 07:30 to 14:00 (to 13:20 on Wednesdays)
- Aftercare available everyday until 17:45
Visit Curro Castle Krugersdorp page for more info about our nursery school.