Early learning goals for the pre-primary child
Curro Castles aim to inspire young minds to become extraordinary through the unique Curro nursery school curriculum. We focus on the holistic development of our children – with the main focus placed on building independence, confidence and a good self-esteem.
Our preschool curriculum is designed with Early Learning Goals (ELG) in mind. These include:
- Physical well-being health and safety, gross motor development and fine motor development
- Identity and a sense of belonging self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and social management
- Communication listening and understanding, speaking, making meaning and representing meaning
- Mathematics quantity and numbers, measurement, patterns, shapes and space, data collection, time and coordination
- Creativity daily life and play, visual arts, performing arts
- Learning about the world exploration and inquiry, knowledge and understanding, executive function
We focus on:
- The unique child Curro Castles recognise that every child is a competent learner who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive relationships The children learn to be strong and independent. A loving and secure relationship with parents and/or a key person (educator) assists in this regard.
- Learning and development Our children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. All areas of learning and development are equally important and are inter-connected.
- An enabling environment Our environment plays a key role in supporting and extending a child’s development and learning.
We strive to optimise learning and in order to do so we use each child’s potential to learn from a young age. We pay special attention theories surrounding education and the science behind childhood development. This is all to ensure that our children receive the best possible education.
Children extend their boundaries of understanding by working to find solutions. This is done in an environment where dialogue between the educator and the child keeps the child motivated, stimulates his/her creative needs and also develops their cognitive abilities. The curriculum includes LEGO education learning concepts and the activities built around soft bricks form the important early foundation for later studies in Robotics.
Home away from home
Special attention is given to school readiness and brain development in accordance with the latest scientifically proven methods. Children leave Curro Castles not only with very special memories, but also a readiness for the demands of the big school and the outside world.
Curro Castles believe in the magic of childhood, the joy of being young and the unbridled innocence of youth.
The magic at Curro Castles is kept alive through fantasy surroundings, a variety of extramural activities and fun-filled holiday programmes.
Playgrounds are carefully designed and are equipped with play structures that provide an educational touch to playground games.
The safety of our children is of the utmost importance and therefore our Castle guard controls who enters and exits the Castle premises. We also have a full-time receptionist and security cameras.
Hygiene and maintenance are regarded as top priorities and are executed by a dedicated team of Castle workers.
At Curro Castle the emphasis is on the uniqueness of each child. The philosophy of Curro schools’ is that every child is regarded as a competent learner from birth. Curro Castle knows that children develop and learn in different ways and at different paces. All areas of development and learning are equally important and inter-connected.
Progress reports regarding your little one’s growth and development are sent out twice a year.