Curro Holdings Limited, in terms of the agreement with the shareholders of the Meridian venture, is required to provide funding to Meridian schools' learners from time to time.
All applicants are required to complete an application form and submit all the required information in order to be considered for a scholarship.
Only learners who comply with the following criteria will be considered:
- Learners applying to or attending any Meridian school including Northern Academy;
- Black learners only (Black means African, Coloured and Indian as defined by the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, ‘BBBEE Act’);
- Learners who are South African citizens only;
- New learners from Grades 8 to 10 (subject to writing entrance exams to determine academic standards), and
- Existing learners from Grades 8 to 12.
- Learners achieving academic excellence measured as:
- Attaining an overall aggregate of 70% or above in their latest academic report and
- Attaining at least 70% in Mathematics and English in their latest academic report (hereinafter referred to as ‘Minimum Academic Standards‘).
- Clearly demonstrate financial need, i.e. a combined household gross income not exceeding R20 000 per month. Verifiable details of household income and expenses to be provided (alternatively a sworn affidavit) including motivation for the scholarship.
- Approximately 60% of learners to be female.
Click here to download the Meridian Scholarship Programme Application form.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2017. Completed applications are to be submitted to email@example.com or handed in at your nearest Curro or Curro-managed school.