St Dominics Newcastle is situated in Newcastle, northern KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. It is a leading independent school with Christian values that aims to develop learners into well-adjusted, balanced adults who are equipped for their futures.
St Dominics Newcastle is committed to providing a professional, quality education that aims to develop the full potential of all learners in the spiritual, academic, physical and emotional aspects of their growth.
Originally founded by the Dominican Sister Mother Rose Niland in 1891, St Dominics Newcastle has emerged as the leading independent school in Newcastle. The school caters for boys and girls from Group 4 (3 years old) to Grade 12. The school maintains a Christian ethos, although all cultures and religious denominations are welcome. The majority of our learners are day scholars, but we offer an excellent boarding facility on the school premises.
St Dominics Newcastle is committed to:
- Providing a professional, quality education that aims to develop the full potential of all learners in the spiritual, academic, physical and emotional aspects of their growth
- Maintaining a caring environment where the worth and respect of all members of the school and community are fostered
St Dominics Newcastle is a leading independent school with Christian values that aims to develop learners into well-adjusted, balanced adults who are equipped for their futures.
Mission statement – staff
Our aims at St Dominics Newcastle are:
- To treat each learner as if they were our own
- To foster Christian values at the school
- To strive for excellence in academic standards according to individual potential
- To encourage participation in sport for the sake of enjoyment and good sportsmanship
- To develop an appreciation of the arts
- To promote social understanding based on tolerance and mutual respect
- To assist with the full emotional development of the individual
- To encourage involvement in the local community through service to others
- To emphasise that the above can only be achieved through doing and giving of one’s best at all times
- Co-educational (girls and boys)
- Nursery school phase: Age 3 years to 5 years
- Foundation phase: Grade R to Grade 3
- Intermediate phase: Grade 4 to Grade 7
- Senior phase: Grade 8 and Grade 9
- FET phase: Grade 10 to Grade 12
- Class size: Controlled class size (Maximum 25 learners per class)
nursERY SCHOOL FACT SHEET
PRIMARY SCHOOL FACT SHEET
HIGH SCHOOL FACT SHEET