Executive Head: Melville Temlett
Head of Curro Castle Hillcrest: Angie Richardson
At Curro Castle Hillcrest we firmly believe that 'play is the serious business of childhood'.
Our main emphasis is on learning through play and self-discovery in order to develop each learner physically, cognitively, emotionally and spiritually.
We have classes from ages: ( 3yrs turning 4 ) Group 0000 up to Grade R
Our Castle has introduced a small playgroup class from January 2017 to cater for Group 3 (age 2, turning 3). This new playgroup will be part of the Castle, using the same entrance/exit but will have its own separate classrooms and a separate, enclosed play area. In this way, these very little children will feel safe and secure in their own space, specifically designed to meet their needs.
Please contact us at email@example.com for applications and information.
1. We want to develop confident, curious and competent individuals who leave us well equipped to face the challenges of 'big school'.
2. We provide a nurturing, secure environment where each child is able to develop at their own pace.
3. We have a balance between formal classroom-based activities and free-choice times.
4. We offer various play areas aimed at developing specific skills:
• Creative area allows for freedom of expression, development of spatial concepts, development of fine motor skills, creativity, individual thought
• Fantasy area – critical for social and emotional development
• Cognitive area – intellectual development, social skills, self-discipline and motivation
• Garden – large muscle development, locomotor skills, sensory experiences
Language, Mathematics, Lego Soft Bricks, Science, Music, discussion, developmental play, drama, baking and story rings are presented in Groups 4 and 5 (3/4 and 4/5 years old).
Home language (English), First additional language (Afrikaans), Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology (Robotics), Social Sciences, Life Skills, Music, Drama, discussion, baking and story rings, as well as swimming and the KDA programme are presented in Grade R.
Our girls and boys wear casual clothes and spend happy, busy mornings at school in their respective Group 3 and Gr R groups. The emphasis is on learning through constructive play and meaningful age-appropriate activities. The children engage in stimulating experiences to enhance the basic skills necessary for future learning.
The school day officially begins at 08h00 (with early drop off from 7h00) and ends at 12h00
Groups 4 and 5 go on numerous outings during the year, while the Grade R's join the Adventure Out There Programme.
Children who love to learn, learn to love and, with this in mind, we are excited to help each child in our care to discover their individual, God-given greatness.
Aftercare is available until 17h00 at an additional cost which is charged on an hourly basis. Children are under the care of qualified caregivers and a cooked lunch is provided.
Please contact the Marketing Department for further information and to set up a morning tour.