Embury Institute for Higher Education (Montana Campus) - Continuing Professional Teacher Development Manager (January 2018)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the Department in respect of teaching and learning.
- Oversee the management of existing Continuing Professional Teacher Development (CPTD) programmes, practices and policies.
- Promote the development of new CPTD programmes, practices and policies in collaboration with EXCO and the relevant academic departments.
- Liaise with CPTD collaboration partners, both existing and new in conjunction with EXCO and the relevant academic departments.
- Liaise with the South African Council for Educators (SACE) to ensure use of Embury’s approved provider status; submit all relevant Embury short course programmes as professional development activities (PDA) for SACE approval; and maintain SACE approval status for all submitted PDA’s.
- Ensure training, support, counselling and mentoring of staff as appropriate.
- Ensure administrative efficiency and effectiveness and compliance with all Embury policies in the Department.
- Drafting of annual strategic business plans to increase and expand CPTD foot-printing throughout various provinces.
- Coordinate and oversee the following for all CPTD programmes, in collaboration with various administrative departments at Embury, including:
- Student administration
- Curriculum and programme development
- Quality assurance of marketing letters and application forms
- Implementation of QA policies
- QA, Logistics and Distribution of CPTD material.
- Minimum honours degree or equivalent
- Qualified educator
- Must have thorough understanding of private and public-school environment and higher education environment
- Must understand the SACE system
- Must be willing to travel locally and nationally
- Own transport essential
- Existing networking and relationships in key strategic departments is advantageous.
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to http://curro.myrecruit.co.za/
- Register your CV onto the database
- Search for the position by Reference number and apply through the database
Closing Date: 25 October 2017
NO TELEPHONIC ENQUIRIES will be entertained.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Embury reserves the right to not fill this position.
Embury Institute for Higher Education has a position available for a Continuing Professional Teacher Development Manager (January 2018)(hr/17/09/99)