At Curro Westbrook we strive to make every day a learning day, filled with new and wonderful experiences to help young learners find what interests and inspires them. Families like you are looking for a school for your young child to feel connected, safe, stimulated and celebrated.
Curro Westbrook is that special place where play is valued, voices are singing, children are engaged in creative movement and music making, artistic expression is celebrated and the academic programme is stimulating and fun. Curro Westbrook offers Robotics, Maths and science. Children are invited to make independent choices in a child-friendly learning environment, following well-established structures and routines to guide them. Opportunities for hands-on learning are presented daily, allowing the young child to grow through play and real-world experiences. Daily activities are scheduled in whole group and small groups to promote socialisation and community building. Children engage in conversations with practitioners and friends daily, learning to take turns, listen, and share.
Our ethos is governed by Christian values where learners are encouraged to explore and express their individuality within acceptable boundaries, and ultimately take responsibility for their actions. We guide learners to follow their hearts and develop into the best people they can be. Our broad curriculum covers problem-solving, creative thinking and the development of skills and values.
As the learners grow we focus on:
• Personal, Social and Emotional Development Communication,
• Language & Literacy Skills
• Thinking & Memory Skills
• Reasoning & Numeracy
• Knowledge and Understanding of the World
• Health & Physical Development
• Creative and Artistic Development
At Curro Westbrook we strive to:
• promote quality education
• foster an inclusive approach to school, education and have interaction with students, parents and the community to create a sense of partnership, belonging and pride in who we are and what we stand for with regards to children
• contribute to students’ academic development through an awareness of play, self-improvement and academic achievement.
• realise the unique potential of each child and recognise that every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident, and self- assured.
• Promote Positive Relationships where children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and or a key person (educator).
• Develop an environment that plays a key role in supporting and extending a child’s development and learning.
• to help our learners develop and learn and accept that each learner learns in different ways and at different rates and that all areas of learning and development are equally important and inter-connected.
• Create a centre of learning where pupils can realise their full potential by providing a comprehensive, individually orientated education of the highest standard
• Create an environment of opportunity where the child learns general knowledge, the right attitudes, ethical and moral principles.
• Encourage and teach each child social and life skills in a warm and loving, sound and safe environment where they are extended and growth is encouraged academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
Curro Westbrook opens at 7:00am in the mornings and runs an aftercare program until 17:30pm on Mondays to Fridays. The aftercare facility is also available during the school holidays from 7am till 17:30pm all year round, except December. In 2016 there will be a Grade 5 class.
Curro Westbrook offers the following:
• 3 months to Grade 5 (Higher grades to be phased in annually)
• Bilingual classes for babies until Grade R
• Balanced Academics, Sports and Culture
• Aftercare facility and Holiday care
• Qualified and committed educators
• Controlled class sizes
• Positive discipline
• Child friendliness
• Creative thinking
• Individual attention
Curro Westbrook has an Open day ,every day during the week, between 9am and 12pm.
We invite you and your child to come and experience Curro Westbrook.
We look forward to making you a part of the Curro Westbrook Family!
Enrol your child at Curro Westbrook today and become a part of this vibrant, supportive, academic and sport-focused school and Christian ethos environment where learning meets excellence. Knowledge is power.
Contact Melissa Viljoen at Curro Westbrook on 041 396 6300 email@example.com.
Curro Westbrook has an OPEN Day everyday from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
Please come and join us for a tour of our school and become part of the Curro Westbrook family today!
We look forward to meeting you! We are situated in Burchell Road, Parsons Vlei (Just off kabega).
Please follow us on facebook!
For any further information please contact Elrika on 041 396 6300 or Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org .