At Curro Westbrook we strive to make every day a learning day, filled with new and wonderful experiences to help young learners find what interests and inspires them. Families like you are looking for a school for your young child to feel connected, safe, stimulated and celebrated.
Curro Westbrook is a school where play is valued, voices are singing, learners are engaged in creative movement and music making, artistic expression is celebrated and the academic programme is stimulating and fun. Curro Westbrook offers Robotics, Mathematics and Science. Learners are invited to make independent choices in a child-friendly learning environment, following well-established structures and routines to guide them. Opportunities for hands-on learning are presented daily, allowing the young learner to grow through play and real-world experiences. Daily activities are scheduled in whole groups and small groups to promote socialisation and community building. Learners engage in conversations with practitioners and friends daily, learning to take turns, listen, and share.
Our ethos is governed by Christian values, where learners are encouraged to explore and express their individuality within acceptable boundaries, and ultimately take responsibility for their actions. We guide learners to follow their hearts and minds to develop into the best people they can be. Our dynamic curriculum covers problem-solving, creative thinking and the development of skills and values.
As the learners grow we focus on:
- Personal, social and emotional development communication
- Language and literacy skills
- Thinking and memory skills
- Reasoning and numeracy
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Health and physical development
- Creative and artistic development
At Curro Westbrook we strive to:
- Promote quality education.
- Foster an inclusive approach to school and education and have interaction with learners, parents and the community to create a sense of partnership, belonging and pride in who we are and what we stand for with regard to learners.
- Contribute to learners’ academic development through an awareness of play, self-improvement and academic achievement.
- Realise the unique potential of each learner and recognise that every learner is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident, and self- assured.
- Promote positive relationships where learners learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person (educator).
- Develop an environment that plays a key role in supporting and extending a learner’s development and learning.
- Help our learners to develop and learn and accept that each learner learns in different ways and at different rates and that all areas of learning and development are equally important and inter-connected.
- Create a centre of learning where learners can realise their full potential by providing a comprehensive, individually orientated education of the highest standard.
- Create an environment of opportunity where the learner learns general knowledge, the right attitudes, ethical and moral principles.
- Encourage and teach each learner social and life skills in a warm and loving, sound and safe environment where they are extended and growth is encouraged academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
- Co-educational (girls and boys)
- Teaching language: English
- Bilingual classes for children up to Grade R
- Foundation phase: Grade R to Grade 3
- Intermediate phase: Grade 4 to Grade 6 (higher grades to be phased in annually)
- Class size: Controlled class sizes
- School times vary depending on the phase. Please view the school times section for more information.
- Aftercare is available.
- Balanced academics, sport and culture
- Qualified and committed educators
- Positive discipline
- Creative thinking
- Individual attention
We invite you and your child to come and experience Curro Westbrook today.
We look forward to making you a part of the Curro Westbrook family!
primary school fact sheet
Visit our Curro Castle Westbrook page for more information about our nursery school.
Curro Castle Westbrook